*pokes Tolkien people on the Flist*LotR SeSa 2010: Signups Now Open--
Greetings from your friendly neighbourhood elves! (Hopefully of the Tolkien variety rather than the tiny and twee North Pole type. ^_~) Once again, caras_galadhon
and myself are returning to help shirasade
So it's that time of the year again; time to sign up for the Lord of the Rings
Secret Santa exchange! Slash, het and gen, fic and fanart; you can request it all, so why not join in? Sign-ups will run from now until October 31st
.The signup post is HERE.
Previous years' stories can be found, as usual, via the website
or the lotr_sesa
Please note that this is an FPF
challenge. (i.e. Fictional
, not real people fiction/RPF.)The Rules (2010):
1. Your story (or fanart) is due December 17th and will go online December 24th -- please post it to the community (and nowhere else, until January 1st) and we will make it public on Christmas Eve.
2. Naturally, it'd be better if you didn't talk too much about your story beforehand in places where your recipient could see it. Also, as a matter of fairness, please make your story more than 500 words (1000 is better). For fanart we'd expect you to spend at least a couple of hours on your work.
3. Please only sign up if you plan on actually fulfilling your end of the bargain. If you're going to be late, please let us know so we can inform your recipient of the delay. If you can't make it, it'd be awesome if you could find someone else to write your story. In addition, there will be a pool of emergency replacement writers, so that everyone who signs up gets their gift.
4. Signing up: Please comment on this post (all comments are screened) or email [caras_galadhon AT livejournal.com] until October 31st with the following information (especially your email address for your assignment). You can be as specific in your likes and dislikes as you want, or leave everything up to the writer. Also, join the community, so you can post your story and keep track of any admin posts.
Fic, fanart or either?:
Fic, fanart or either?:
Willing to be replacement writer:
5. When you're done, please post to the community with the name of your recipient, the pairing and rating in the subject line. Use headers (with disclaimers, warnings, etc.) and put the fic/fanart itself behind a cut tag. All gifts will go online on Christmas Eve and will be added to the website.
That should be it. You will get your assignment in early November, if possible before November 8th, giving you approximately six weeks to finish your assignment. We realize that it's not possible that everyone gets to write their OTP, but we'll do our best to make sure you don't have to write something that squicks you, so be sure to let us know your preferences.Have fun -- and spread the word!lotr_sesa